RTOS Basics and Application: RTOS Mechanisms and their Application in Runtime Architectures for Embedded and Real-time Systems
You are familiar with the mechanisms of modern real-time operating systems and can use them to develop new software runtime architectures and maintain existing ones - independent of the actual real-time operating system product. You can document and communicate software runtime architectures.
Software developers, software architects
General Introduction: Real-time Operating Systems
- Key terminology
- Different operating system types
- Requirements regarding operating system, hardware, development tools
- Schedulers and their algorithms
- Interrupt service routines, threads/tasks
- System tick, timer and watchdog services
Coordination Mechanisms: Synchronization
- Events, signals, semaphore, promise and future
Coordination Mechanisms: Resource Management
- Semaphore, mutex, critical section, condition variable, spinlock
- Shared memory, mailboxes, queues, message buffer, pipes, message based, sockets
- Memory segments
- Stack monitoring
- Dynamic memory management
- Memory pools and memory blocks
- MPU (memory protection unit) and MMP (memory management unit) support
- Driver concepts
Debugging at OS Mechanism Level
Important Programming and Design Rules for Multithreading/ Multitasking/ Multiprocessing Development
Developing the Software Runtime Architecture
- Designing embedded and real-time software
- Documentation and communication by means of UML (Unified Modeling Language)
- Introduction and comparison of different runtime architecture concepts - with and without operating system
- Predictability of the different runtime architecture concepts
- Runtime architecture patterns and their use for concrete tasks
- Selection guidelines for the "right" runtime architecture concept
- Transforming an existing SW architecture without operating system to an architecture with OS, with optimized OS mechanism utilization
- Operating System Abstraction Layer OSAL
- Multicore and multiprocessor aspects
Operating System Selection Guidelines and Product Overview
- Programming exercises regarding mechanisms are performed on current embedded hardware.
- An embedded hardware is developed step by step.
- Programming exercises regarding mechanisms are performed with a real-time operating system. Attendees can choose between a freely available OS (FreeRTOS™) or commercial OS.
- Development and documentation of a runtime architecture for a typical embedded SW application with OS mechanisms.
- In case of an exclusive on-site training, we will be happy to adjust the theoretical content to the operating system used in your company.
- Day 4 of this training can also be booked separately with our training "RTOS Mechanisms" (please use the link in the button below -- "Related Trainings")
In customized workshops, we integrate your specific project tasks and our training program, considering your requirements as regards content, time, location, duration, technical environment and knowledge transfer methodology.
Please contact us for further information or an individual quotation.
Unsere Coaching-Angebote bieten den großen Vorteil, dass unsere Experten ihr Wissen und ihre Erfahrungen direkt in Ihren Lösungsprozess einbringen und damit unmittelbar zu Ihrem Projekterfolg beitragen.
Für Ihre Anfrage oder weiterführende Informationen stehen wir Ihnen gern zur Verfügung.