Cortex®-M23, M33: Armv8-M Architecture Training for Trainees with Knowledge of the Previous Version
You get familiar with the new Armv8-M architecture (Cortex®-M23 and -M33) and can write software in C and Assembler. You can locate programs in memory in secure and non secure configuration and test them. This is the perfect start for designing Cortex®-M23/M33 based systems.
You know the new Armv8-M architecture (Cortex®-M23 and -M33) and can write software in C and Assembler. You can locate programs in memory in secure and non secure configuration and test them. This is the perfect start for designing Cortex®-M23/M33 based systems.
The training addresses software and hardware developers with a basic knowledge of the previous architecture (Armv6-M/ Armv7-M architecture of the Cortex®-M0/M0+/M3/M4 or -M7).
Basic knowledge of the Armv6-M/ Armv7-M architecture of the Cortex®-M0/M0+/M3/M4 or -M7 as well as basic knowledge of ANSI-C and microcontrollers is required. The training focuses on the new features offered by the Cortex®-M23, M33 and the Armv8-M architecture.
TrustZone for Armv8-M
- Secure state transitions
- Function calls from secure state to non-secure state
- Function returns from non-secure state
- Practical exercises: Developing and setting up mixed secure/non-secure projects for Cortex™-M33
Cortex®-M (Armv8-M) Processor Architecture
- Stack limit register
- Secure state, security transitions
- Banked registers
- Cortex®-M memory map, system control block
- Practical exercises: New stack limit registers
Differences to the Armv6-M and Armv7-M Processor Architecture
Cortex®-M33, M23 Extended Instruction Set
- Branch and control flow instructions with security transitions
- Security instructions
- Assembler directives
- Pracitcal exercises: Generating Assembler routines, Assembler debugging, code optimization
Exception and Interrupt Handling
- Security targeting
- Banked exceptions
- Banked vector tables
- Tail chaining with security transitions
- Interrupt configuration and status
- Secure exception priority boosting
- Secure faults
- Pracitcal exercises: System tick, supervisor call and PendSV in the context of RTOS applications
- Practical exercises: Fault handlers and status information output
Memory Protection Unit MPU for Embedded Systems
- Armv8-M MPU
- Comparison to previous Armv7-M MPU
- Practical exercises: Programming the MPU
- Practical exercises: Dynamic reprogramming in the scheduler
Security Attribution Unit (SAU, IDAU)
- Overview on the security and implementation defined attribution unit
- Attribution attributes secure, non-secure, non-secure callable
- Practical exercises: Programming the security attribution unit
Hardware-near C Programming based on CMSIS
- CMSIS extensions for Armv8-M
Exercises with Keil µVision in Assembler and C
- Exercises for Armv8-M are performed with the Arm Simulator
|1.650,00 €||2 days|
|Training code: E-ARMV8MUP|
* Price per attendee, in Euro plus applicable VAT.
In customized workshops, we integrate your specific project tasks and our training program, considering your requirements as regards content, time, location, duration, technical environment and knowledge transfer methodology.
Please contact us for further information or an individual quotation.
Unsere Coaching-Angebote bieten den großen Vorteil, dass unsere Experten ihr Wissen und ihre Erfahrungen direkt in Ihren Lösungsprozess einbringen und damit unmittelbar zu Ihrem Projekterfolg beitragen.
Für Ihre Anfrage oder weiterführende Informationen stehen wir Ihnen gern zur Verfügung.