Python for Test Automation
To be able to automate your tests, it is becoming increasingly important to master Python. Many of the common test frameworks use Python to manage and develop tests. This course teaches the basics of Python and how to use it for test purposes in different kinds of applications.
Master the fundamentals of developing Python scripts
Understand the main difference between Python 2 and 3
Learn about modern features introduced in Python 3
Get an overview of the Python standard library
Practical exercises using Python based test frameworks
QA DevOps, test engineers wishing to automate test. This course is also suitable for programmers starting new projects in Python 3 or for those porting existing applications from Python 2.
No previous knowledge of Python is assumed, although attendees should be familiar with at least one programming language. Prior knowledge of a scripting language (Perl, Unix/Linux shells) and object-oriented concepts is helpful but not mandatory.
Python Language and Environment
- Python interpreters and extensions
- Python version 2 & 3
- Coding style
- Package and environment management
- Python language: keywords, operators, basic data types
- User-defined functions, classes, modules and packages
- Generators and decorators
Python 3 Standard Libraries
- Runtime features
- Application building blocks
- File system
- Text and regular expressions
- Dates and times
- Data persistence and exchange
- Data compression and archiving
- Mathematics and data analysis
- Concurrency with processes
- Internet and web services
Python Test Frameworks
- Source code quality (pylint, flake8)
- Code coverage (coverage)
- Unit testing and property based testing (pytest, hypothesis)
- Integration, system and acceptance testing (behave/ BDD, robot framework)
OPEN FACE-TO-FACE FORMAT
|Training code: E-PYTHONTA|
* Price per attendee, in Euro plus VAT
Our customized workshops integrate your specific project tasks in our training content and accommodate your requirements on content, time, location, duration, technical environment and knowledge transfer methodology.
Please contact us for further information or an individual quotation.
Our coaching services offer a major advantage: our specialists introduce their expertise and experience directly in your solution process, thus contributing to the success of your projects.